3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

breaking

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 02:03 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: breaking

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

well its gonna cause more wear and tear on your susp depending on the shake, dont really think theyll make the tires get off balanced... if they havent been cut before just get em cut, save yourself 150 bucks easy doing that way.
+1

driving with warped rotors can cause all sorts of hell. find some place that does free brake inspections (plenty of thsoe places), figure out which ones need cutting, take them off yourself, drive them over (preferably in a different vehicle) and have them cut them for you for about $20 a pop, put them back on. pads are probably fine if they have enough meat on them.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:51 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: xfeejayx

it is warped rotors. i've read in some places that rams are infamous for them. time to take it into a shop and ahve them cut your rotors. possible that your pads are still ok.
If the shake is in the rear it is your rear rotors that are warped, and if it is in the steering wheel it is your front rotors. I had my rotors turned 2 times before I hit 25,000 miles! I now have 53,000 and have had no problems since the last time I had them turned.

your pads should be fine as long as you don't have too many miles on them! So I also agree to just take them in and have them turned! Problem solved!

Old 06-12-2008, 01:29 AM
herring_jerritt
Veteran

i have had them turned once b4, do u think i can have it done again?

Old 06-12-2008, 01:58 AM
RamItOne

twice is the typical limit, but it depends on how much was cut the first time.
So how many miles on the pads?
buy auto zone duralast pads, lifetime warranty, I plan on replacing every 20k miles.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:32 PM
herring_jerritt
Veteran

its been either 20k or 30k on the pads and since i had them turned

Quick Reply: breaking