3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

General concensus on which intake...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 12:54 AM
Hemiroid
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default General concensus on which intake...

obviously intakes have been discussed before,

but i want to know, more specifically, what is the general concensus as to what is the most cost effective and high performance intake for my 08 hemi...

also, are 07 intake models compatible?

Old 06-11-2008, 07:51 AM
Excoastie
Default RE: General concensus on which intake...

I think "best" is all relative. I've gone with the AEM Brute Force. I've had excellent luck with it in the past, on both my F-150 and the wife Charger.

It gives a very noticable "growl" increase when you hammer the throttle, I've notive about 1 mpg improvement in fuel milage, and in my opinion it just looks pretty damn good! I paid just shy of $300 for both my Ram and the Charger at AutoAnything..

Good Luck
Exco

Old 06-11-2008, 08:18 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Default RE: General concensus on which intake...

i think the only consensus you are going to get people to agree on as far as intakes is that typically you get what you pay for.

i think many agree that the ramhammer will get you the most hp gain, but it is also one of the most expensive, and loudest. the ebay CAIs are only $20-$50, but we keep hearing from people that the filter falls off of th end of the intake tube, potentiall destroying your engine if left undetected.

Quick Reply: General concensus on which intake...