3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CB radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 12:30 PM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CB radio

galaxy 99. you wont find a better radio. love mine. it has all the bells and whistles. you wont get walked on after a peek and tune, unless they have a kicker. also have a galaxy 44 and connex 4400. but love the 99 way better. i had the wilson 5000 ant. and switched to a loaded dc dominator ant. it picks up and talks better than the wilson did.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:38 PM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

another little tip,donnt coil your coax up. wind it up all over the place. make sure you have your standing wave checked, it can be the difference between a kick *** set up and junk, or just plain burning things up.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:59 PM
5STARJOE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the easy way to run your coax. Magnetic base roof mount application!

Remove the 3rd brake lamp (above the rear window) 2 phillips screws.

Mount the base of the ant at the rear of the cab near the rear center edge. (position the ant where you want it) I run mine at the rearward portion of the cab. Wilson Ant.

Push the cable end through rear of the cab where the 3rd brake lamp mounts.

Run the cable "under " the headliner.

Go inside and pull the cable through and leave a little slack (you have to re-install the brake lamp next)

From the outside (standing in the bed) remount the 3rd brake lamp. hold the coax loop away from the cab and slide the lamp behind the coax and screw the 3rd brak lamp into its original mounting point.

Note: the 3rd brake lamp has a soft felt type seal on the backside of the lamp, and its thick enough to seal around the coax.

Make certain that you run the coax "UNDER THE LAMP" if you mount it on the top it will likely leak.

Again run the coax under the 3rd brake lamp.

Once back inside the cab.......

Positon the coax to run along the headliner going towards the left rear corner of the cab at the roof.

From the L/R corner at the top, run the coax to the bottom of the rear door (just push it through the leading edge) its a little tight but there is ample room for the coax. Then run the coax along the bottom of the door towards the front of the truck so that the coax exit from the plastic door sill covers just behind the B Pillar (pillarthat has the seat belt retractor in it) at the bottom.

Run the coax under the drivers seat and forward the the front of the center seat (console) seat area.

And there you have it.

This whole Proccess can be done in 15 minutes or less.

You can the mount the CB in the front row center.

www.genosgarage.com manufactures a bracket that allow access to the center seat base storage compartment area while mounting the unit vertically.

I Have done several of these with no complications.

Joe.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:02 PM
5STARJOE

Here is the direct link:

http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo....CB_MOUNT_0305W

Old 07-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Hemipwr07
Veteran