3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lift or Not

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:45 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lift or Not

that's a torsion bar truck. that looks really close to stock to me. i got the same year with the same package and even the same color. looks about the same height, but might be a very minor lift.

to make sure, get under her and check if there are new torsion keys at the rear of the torsion bars. the torsion bars are run from about the front wheel to about where the rear door ends. one on the left and one on the right side of the truck. each end of each bar is hexagon shaped. if the keys aren't all rusted, it's probably leveled.

mmstar, yea bro, you def have to paint those if you get them. first glance i thought they looked pretty bad, but they would be nice with colormatch and your tires.

and +1 on the badges, wtf was the guy thinking?

edit: nevermind, went outside and looked at my truck. yours looks leveled.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Hemipwr07
Veteran

def a leveling kit...and wut da??yyyy is the badge up there?haha...and i dont think those are bushwacker

Old 06-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Junior000
Rookie

Very true on the older dodges they used the tosion bars. Easy to level it off if you wanted too..

Old 06-30-2008, 11:31 PM
mmstar23
Champion

the trucks leveled. but there may or may not be torsion keys due to the fact that you can just crank them to give you some added height

Old 07-01-2008, 12:28 AM
04 HEMI 04
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

If i were you, i wouldnt want to lift up the truck due to gas prices. Let me explain why, if you did lift it up, it is known as the gas boggers or eating too much gas than the normal height of the truck. I would keep it that way or lower it to save gas. Lifting it up will get you about 7 mpg or lower.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:26 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

ORIGINAL: 04 HEMI 04

Lifting it up will get you about 7 mpg or lower.
how you figure that? yes lifting costs you a little mpg, but not nearly as much as you are thinking.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:35 AM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 04 HEMI 04

Hello,

If i were you, i wouldnt want to lift up the truck due to gas prices. Let me explain why, if you did lift it up, it is known as the gas boggers or eating too much gas than the normal height of the truck. I would keep it that way or lower it to save gas. Lifting it up will get you about 7 mpg or lower.
WAY OFF!! Not sure where you got your info, but you are way off! Lifting our vehicle might drop your MPG a couple depending on how high and what size tires, and if you re-gear or not, but unless you go with monster truck tires you are not going to lose 7MPG! That is just unheard of!

Old 07-01-2008, 12:17 PM
BajaMan260

mmstar23,

I took the flares off of one side and was very disappointed with the look. Also along the top edge where the flare meets the paint there were fine scratches that really dulled the paint. I'm sure I can get this touched up, but I'd rather put the money into some mods for the truck. Also leaving them on might help with chips after i change my rims and tires.

In all, sorry man, i'm leaving them on for now.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:21 PM
mmstar23
Champion

no problem dude. no worries at all. i know what you mean though. i went to take off my little platic/metal black things that go on the edge of the door, and under neath them had paint chips and scratches, so painted them and put them back on.

Quick Reply: Lift or Not