3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gearing question

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:52 PM
VannilaFace05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearing question

I just leveled my 05 1500 QC and put 35x12.5x20 Toyo mt's on it and I definetely need to change my gearing after this. Its a pain in the butt to drive on the highway because its constantly downshifting to try and keep speed up and its killing my gas. I shouldnt be whining about the gas though cause after all im the one that put 35s on it when gas prices are sooo damn high but I couldnt resist how good it looks.I dont know much about this and I wanted to get some suggestions on what to run. Oh and also I have yet to recalibrate my ecu for the larger wheels and tires and I was wondering what the best bang for the buck is out there as far as programmers go? Any help in either of these questions is very appreciated...Thanks in advance!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:20 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker
Default RE: Gearing question

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

That being said, I would get the Superchips! It recalibrated my speedo to the T! it is dead on! Noticable gains in Torque and Power. I had the Hypertech and I hated it !!POS!!
4:56 Gears would be your best bet. I love mine! By far the best thing I have done to my truck yet!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:36 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

http://www.4x4offroads.com/gear-ratio-chart.html

Here is a gear chart for you!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:26 PM
mmstar23
Champion

yep 4.56 gears. and if you do it, dont forget to get the install kit with it. im gonna get mine from airram. im working on getting the dealer to recalibrate my speedometer too. ill let you know how it goes.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:50 AM
VannilaFace05

Hey thanks for the help guys! Oh and by the way how the heck do I get a picture of my truck to show up when I post a reply like yours? Everytime I try to upload one it tells me its too large!

Quick Reply: Gearing question