3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

mufler advice..

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 01:07 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default mufler advice..

I'm on my 3rd dynomax ultra flow in two years. Mufler shop has a life time warenty on the mufler, but I just can;t keep a mufler in my 06 2500 5.7 6sp hemi.

Y pipe is gone, mufler has two inlets two outlets x patern in the center of the mufler, 2 ex pipes exit over the rear diff and out behind the right rear tire.

I wanted two seperate muflers to begin with, but I got talked into this design by the shop, mileage is really good, but thiers no rev apeal, the seams on the mufler blow out...

I'm wanting more agressive sound, and I want to keep the benifits of improved mileage.

I do not have any issues with low end torque in my truck, and the tail pipes are not mandrel bent.

Any thoughts on muflers and if having mandrel bent pipes is really going to make a diferance?

Old 07-03-2008, 01:12 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mufler advice..

dude, if u want it louder go buy a flowmaster 40series or run straight or something. mileage isn't gonna be affected very noticably with any exhaust system.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:17 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: mufler advice..

My mileage really improved over stock, Thiers no doubt a good duel ex sytem wakes up a hemi and improves mpg, I want muflers that will last....

Quick Reply: mufler advice..