3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Oil in breather hose???

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 05:19 PM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oil in breather hose???

I pulled my CAI off today to check and see how well the filter has been doing its job, checked the TB and it still looks as good as new, however when I pulled the hose for the oil breather off of the CAI, I noticed oil all the way up to the CAI!!! This surely can't be normal.

I went to Advance and bought an oil breather filter, capped off the hole on my CAI, and attached the filter at the end of the breather hose... It's definantly a rig job and looks horrible, but I'm just checking it out. (If that makes any sense, batteries dead in my camera so no pic sorry) Anyway, I'm hoping that's a temp fix, as I was worried that oil was possibly getting all the way into the TB. I cleaned out the hose so I can check it in a couple of days to see if oil is still creeping up to the filter I just added, I'm hoping I can just attach the filter at the end of the oil fill cap. I think the CAI may have created a vacuum and had been sucking the oil up to it. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this??? I haven't seen a post on that on here before so just checking.

Quick Reply: Oil in breather hose???