3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

question on headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 02:31 AM
ledzepphemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on headers

I posted this in the forum for headers, exhaust, etc. and haven't gotten any help yet. I thought i would put it here.

I've got a question about headers. I have flowmasters i found in a summit catalog. It was for the dual side exit in front of the back tire. They didnt tell me it was for a standard cab LONG BED or a QUAD CAB short bed. Well i have a stardard cab short bed . Anyways i got them put on with a little modification (alittle bit of cutting underneath to get the muffler to fit). OH man if sounds awesome!!!! Anyway....question is......does anyone know if putting some headers on would be a problem or if it's possible now? I dont think it would be but i figured i would ask before i bought them.

Old 01-23-2005, 02:44 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: question on headers

if anything you might have gotten a check engine light since you had to pull ou the O2 sensor, if you didnt no harm was done other than that the exhaust being able to leave the cylinder faster

just keep driving the thing like you stole it

Old 01-23-2005, 02:49 AM
ledzepphemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didnt get the check engine light. But if i was going to put on some headers it wouldnt be a problem would it?

Old 01-23-2005, 02:54 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nope.

when I replaced the exhaust on my tacoma it threw the code that my O2 sensors took a dump on me. drove the truck for a few miles and it went away. runs better now and more top end power, plus it sounds like I have a small block V8 under the hood when it's idleing and this comeing from a 2.4l I-4

Quick Reply: question on headers