3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Road noise after blend door repair

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 10:46 AM
chillman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road noise after blend door repair

I recently had to have the blend door replaced on my 2006 ram with 20K on the clock. On the way home I noticed more road noise than normal. I kept checking to make sure the door was closed all the way. I also hear exhaust noise that I never noticed before. A ticking noise that sounds like an exhaust leak during normal acceleration. Is there anything that would have been done during the blend door replacement that would cause me to hear more engine and road noise. Thanks

Old 07-09-2008, 02:13 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Default RE: Road noise after blend door repair

Maybe they were lazy and didn't put the sound deadening material back in after taking the dash apart? That's just a guess, I haven't had my dash apart yet...knock on wood [:-]. Maybe they noticed your doors weremisaligned and"aligned" them for you...which by dealer standards would make them worse.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:07 PM
chillman
Default RE: Road noise after blend door repair

I am thinking something was left out. I know they will say that it sounds normal to them.

Quick Reply: Road noise after blend door repair