3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Shocks and swaybar install......

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Kebo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocks and swaybar install......

I am putting on new shocks and a swaybar this weekend? Are there any gotchas or things I should know about installing either of these on the Ram?

Monroe Sensa-Trac Truck Shocks
Hellwig Rear Sway Bar

Old 07-09-2008, 01:47 PM
osufans
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Shocks and swaybar install......

Any reason you went with Monroe's? Just curious. I've searched the forums for shock peferences and it seems eveyone has their own favorite brand. You'll have to let us know how the truck rides when you get them on, as I'm looking to swap mine out too.

Thanks

Old 07-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Wanderer
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shocks and swaybar install......

osufans,

I know you did not ask me, but I have been a fan of Monroe products for decades due to there execllent customer service. In this world of most companies happy to sell youa product and then disown any issues that arise, I am loyal to any that treat me right. The products have provided acceptible service and are probably middle of the road quality. My last ride, a midsize 4X4 rice burner had the Sensa-Trac shocks for approximately 7 years (150K) and the rubber bushings rotted out. I cannot remember what I had for breakfast, so finding a 7 year old receipt was out of the question. Called Monroe customer service and explained the situation. They said to get the part number off the shocks and fax them along with a copy of my vehicle registration. Two weeks later, a post card "proof of purchace" was received and accepted at a locat parts store to collect on the lifetime warranty.

This past May, Sears had the Rancho RS5000 on sale at 50% off along with the Monroe buy 3, 1 free rebate. It does not get better than that. A good shock, dirt cheap with a lifetime warranty that the company stands behind. The ride is slightly stiffer, takes the tar strips without walking and overall, better than stock.

Quick Reply: Shocks and swaybar install......