3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 05:57 AM
Slypig
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice

Hey folks, I have an 07 Ram quad cab, 5.7L Hemi, I'm looking to dress it up a bit I just bought a house so I need to start REAL slow and fairly cheap, a friend of mine recommended a cold air intake, just wondering what your thoughts are, and if you have any suggestions as far as name brand, price and what I should expect for my money, any others advice on small or relatively cheap upgrades would be appreciated, looking for better fuel economy and a boost in HP, thanks.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:09 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator
Default RE: Need Advice

ebay for the intake. got a birthday or something coming up? they're under $70, so maybe someone will be willing to hook u up.

but if u want power, save up the nickels and dimes you wanna spend now, and get that badboy re-geared. it will actually help in city, but blow ******* on the highway. the amount of torque gained makes the engine not seem to work at all in the city to get u moving, but on highways, you'll be revving high at not-so-fast speeds.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Slypig
Default RE: Need Advice

Thanks, what should I be looking for brand name wise for an intake, I'm pretty green when it comes to this sort of thing.

Found this after a quick perusal, what do you think?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/2002-2007-DODGE-R...QQcmdZViewItem

Quick Reply: Need Advice