3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Paxton vs. Procharger..any difference?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 12:46 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Paxton vs. Procharger..any difference?

ORIGINAL: throberts

thanks for the link M15....here's what Iam scratching my head about..straight from that page:

Procharger Intercooled system using the KRC 2 bar map sensor/ 50lb injectors (qty 8), SMT6 Standalone programmable system. $5499
[ul][*]No aux intake injectors to run the front cylinders lean, 8 injectors to to get the job done right. Only 8 wires to connect. Air to Air intercooler. D1SC upgrade available too for built engines. [/ul]

Tell me what exactly that means in the bold print compared to other sellers of procharger systems.....would you say that this would be the best quality setup as far as procharger's go? Appreciate the insight from you guys. thanks again.

They're basically telling you that using the aux intake injectors (what you don't want)runs the front cylinders lean...along with doing who knows what to your intake manifold that wasn't designed to handle raw fuel. So you'll get 8 fuel injectors and a 2 bar MAP sensorinsteadto replace your stock ones...which is better than aux injectors. You might need a new fuel pump or a in-line booster....call them and find out.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:24 PM
throberts
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Paxton vs. Procharger..any difference?

thanks for the input guys...i'll contact procharger to see what their take is...keep you posted..thanks again.

Quick Reply: Paxton vs. Procharger..any difference?