3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New and need some good advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 10:06 PM
MoparFormance
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New and need some good advice

Well first off hey everyone im new here, i just recently traded my 2005 chyrsler 300c for a 2005 dodge hemi qc and now im looking for a computer programmer. i tried searching and couldnt find the answer i was looking for so now im asking all or you what you think is the best programmer..... i have looked at the bullydog and superchips and superchips cortex. i definatly am a fan of bullydog, they have done awesome on my old cummins, but then i read some post and people said it was crap. so if anyone has any advice on a good programmer please share. Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 07-17-2008, 10:37 PM
MoparFormance
Default RE: New and need some good advice

ok i did some more looking and pretty much found what i wanted and i think im gonna go with the SC but is the cortex the same as the flashpaq, or what is the real difference between the two and is it worth the extra money for the cortex

Old 07-17-2008, 10:37 PM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from everything i have read on here the superchips flashpaq is the best. not for sure on the difference. someone will chime in and explain. if they donnt flame you. the tuner question gets asked alot.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:09 AM
codiac
Professional

Cortex has the tune for multiple vehicles, with 1 vehicle being tuned at one time. So if you has the Hemi in the 300, and you had kept it, you could've tuned the truck when you were in the truck, de-tuned it and then tuned the 300.

It works for all these....1 at a time.

Dodge 03-08 Cummins Diesel Truck, 04-08 Hemi Gas Pickup Trucks and 05-08 Dodge & Chrysler Hemi Cars

Old 07-18-2008, 09:25 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

For stock to mildly tuned vehicles the Superchips with it's "canned tunes" is the best choice. You'll get the same tunes whether you purchase the Flashpaq or the Cortex. Just more vehicle support for the Cortex. For a more aggressive tune and especially for a heavily modded truck, the SCT tuner has huge HP & Torque advantages with it's available "custom tunes"...

Old 07-20-2008, 10:38 AM
flastylez

i have good luck with the Predator handheld tuner...by diablo sport....check them out...i used it on my Charger SRT8 and it was user friendly and very effective. I plan on buying one for my Ram.

Quick Reply: New and need some good advice