3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mega cab speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 12:01 AM
megacab1500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mega cab speakers

I was thinking of adding some subs and an amp to factory unit. Any ideas. I have the infinity system.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:57 PM
throberts
Professional
Default RE: Mega cab speakers

I've put in a 10" Rockford thin sub behind the drivers side backseat and it's amp underneath it in the storage bin....I wanted to keep access to the large side of the storage bin and this combo worked great....back seat still reclines in full. As far as the rest of the speakers I put 2 channel 6" speakers in the rear doors and single channel 6" speakers in the front doors with tweeters in the dash. There is also a center channel speaker with your infinity system in the center of the dash.....you can replace that one too but I choose not to with my set up. The amp that drives the rest of my speakers besides the sub is under the drivers seat....it works great and everything is hidden well. If you buy some good quality 6" speakers along with the single sub, you'll be suprised by the nice bass/mid output....the big mega cab can echo with reverb well. Definitely a big upgrade to factory sound. Hope this helps.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:34 PM
megacab1500
Default RE: Mega cab speakers

thanks, do you have any pics.

Quick Reply: Mega cab speakers