3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air conditioning recirculator door?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 12:27 PM
sstclair00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air conditioning recirculator door?

I have a 2006 QC...and the a/c recirc door has gone bad. I took it to the dealer and they wanted to charge $625 for the fix and it is a $40 part. Anyone think this is a "shade tree" job or should I leave it to the experts?? I do most of my own maint and fixes...any thoughts or warnings before I tear into this one??

Thanks.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:47 PM
marv02
Captain
Default RE: Air conditioning recirculator door?

I take it you out of warrenty I just had mine fixed I had 2000 mile still on my warrenty when it broke.

I took the dealer about 4 hours to do mine but you know they know the short cuts on doing them.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:50 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Air conditioning recirculator door?

I had to do both (blend & recirc doors) on my '02 Grand Cherokee last fall. It's not hard, but the dash has to come out which is just very tedious and time consuming. Took me a good 8 hr. day...
Oh yea, this also included replacing the evaporator core. EVERYBODY on the Jeep forums said that it would go sooner or later too, and since I already had the dash apart to do it at the same time.
Don't know if that's also a Dodge Truck issue, but you may need to ask around. You'd hate to take the whole dash apart and have to go through it again six months to a year down the road...

Old 07-23-2009, 09:15 AM
tigman250
Rookie

I realise this thread is very old but I was wondering how you know if your recirculator door has gone bad? My QC doesn't cool like my wifes Jeep Grand Cherokee (much larger area to cool) and it doesn't seem to blow hard at all. When you change from one setting to another (defrost to dash vents) it seems to take a long time and when it does switch like I said earlier it's weak.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:35 AM
HEMISith

sstclair00, visit http://www.heatertreater.net/ they have a replacement kit that is fairly inexpensive and give you a how to video for free on the website. It is a little difficult; however you can do it yourself!

Old 07-23-2009, 11:13 AM
tigman250
Rookie

Originally Posted by HEMISith
sstclair00, visit http://www.heatertreater.net/ they have a replacement kit that is fairly inexpensive and give you a how to video for free on the website. It is a little difficult; however you can do it yourself!

thanks for the link, but how do I know if that is indeed the problem? what does the system do when the door goes bad?

Old 07-23-2009, 11:41 AM
RQuarte

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it will only blow out cold on one side of the vehicle. That's what was wrong with mine.

Quick Reply: Air conditioning recirculator door?