3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I've Lurked... Laptop tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 07:02 PM
snwyvern
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've Lurked... Laptop tuner?

Hello there, I've dug around on the forums for quite some time and the most recent info I found was from close to January...

What is the best on the fly tunable chip out there? My experience in tuning devices has floated around my own rotary experience and my freinds' Eclipse(s.) The most elegant system I've used was a chip in an Eclipse that allowed for on-the-fly changing of idle, shift points, fuel map(s,) and so on... based on performace, fuel economy or indepednantly per each setting through a laptop.

Is there a (similar) solution availible for our trucks? In my research out of the forums I've found a lot of hyperbole. Claims of 40% increases in performance... AND fuel economy, etc.

Thanks

Old 07-29-2008, 07:20 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I've Lurked... Laptop tuner?

I owned my fleet of DSMs before any of the current tuning methods were ever heard of. The most we ever got was a VPC and/or a SAFC, and I owned an AFC that had ***** before the fancy screen models that came later. My Subaru takes advantage of totally free software - just a $75 cable and you're tuning the stock ECU with full control over everything.

Unfortunately, none of the tuners have cracked the Dodge market yet. Horsepower Tuners claims to be close. You can read more about what they're up to here > http://www.hptuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Old 07-29-2008, 07:22 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: I've Lurked... Laptop tuner?

First of all, welcome to DF...

Now... what are you driving? As far as custom tuning for the Rams, SCT is the only one who currently supports SOME Rams... 2003-BACK 4.7L and some 2004-2006 4.7L engines as well as the newer HEMI trucks and they are still currently working on the software as we speak.

But nothing in the ways you are familure with. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Quick Reply: I've Lurked... Laptop tuner?