3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

has anyone else had this problem??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 10:36 PM
HEMIBOY04
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone else had this problem??

i've had my hemi for over a year. about a month after i bought it it was acting really weird making funny noises one minute it would sound normal the next it would "glug glug glug" like a old disel then one day on the highway it died. it turns out it was a spring that broke no big deal they were having problems with them anyways so i took it down and they fixed the problem they were kinda suprised (they told me this was the 4th hemi with the same problem) it ran perfect after that but now i'm experiencing a different problem. since then the only things i've done to it are exhaust and a k&n filter. lately when i start it up the rpms jump to 3,000 then drop down to 500 then back up to 1500 then about 800. I have no idea what's going on with it. between the time it jumps back up to 1500 and back down to 500rpms the whole truck will shake and the exhaust tone sound like it's going to die. Does anyone else have this problem?

I actually enjoy the "shake" haha my dad and other hemi owners (challenger) say it's a hemi thing. i'm just wondering if others have had this happen while "modding"

Old 01-30-2005, 06:06 AM
BlueHemi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: has anyone else had this problem??

Mine is an '03 but I have never had or ever heard of that problem.

Old 01-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Red Ram Hemi 2005
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: has anyone else had this problem??

I got an 05 with 7100 miles and nothing yet.

Quick Reply: has anyone else had this problem??