3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stolen Dodge Ram's (Easy Theft)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Scherrie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stolen Dodge Ram's (Easy Theft)

I am so Soo Sorry! My son had his Truck stolen also, 04 Hemi 22's and Katskins seats. They jacked the Handle (crome) and jacked the steering colum infront of his house. They found his truck about 3 days latter no seats but the 22's were left and the spare? go figure. Well 3 Months later he just got his truck back from the dealer which victimized him again with a seat fight. They tried to put in 03 seats in a new Hemi! Anyway, he wants to put in a Kill Switch from Car Toys can the Kill Switch void the warrantie? And armored collars? His Sterring wheel was left but the collum was tore up. Does anyone know if this is effective? There is a Pit Bull, its called the Pit Bull Tire Look its a boot but may be a pain if its raining and such but if you have your truck parked for long periods might work. Though my son I don't know my be to much work!

Old 02-01-2005, 03:21 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

Sounds like when I am able to buy the truck I want, it would be wise to get the security package. I would imagine that it would be like my neon with the coded key and all. I would hope.

Someone tried to steal my last truck(which was a chevy POS), and they were not able to take it. The tried to do break the ignition to start it, but with the security alarm that came with it from factory, it has a kill switch, so it wouldn't start for them. So they ended up wrecking my dash to get the stereo.

OH this makes me angry just thinking about it.May the F'rs burn in hell. [sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 02-01-2005, 04:07 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OH this makes me angry just thinking about it.May the F'rs burn in hell.
Thieves suck dog butt.

Old 02-01-2005, 05:39 PM
wpgdakota
Professional

Did you have an anti theft key? Im a cop up in Winnipeg (the car theft capitol of Canada) and I dont think ive seen many if any Chrysler products stolen that have the anti theft key...although I guess the 12 and 13 yr olds who steal up here arent smart enough to know how to steal those...the older Chrysler products are way too easy to steal....

Old 02-04-2005, 06:49 PM
stupidface
Professional

i installed a srt push button on my trash and i put a kill swith hiddn somewhere else in the truck
so the ignition system only come active if the key is turned and the push start is tapped, and even if u cut the collumn open the main relay to the starter is hiddn behing the glove somewhere, Taaaadaaaaaaaaaa

Old 02-16-2005, 03:50 AM
bigtex

If you bought the sentry key system it prevents theft the truck can be started but if it dosent get the signal from the key it shuts down after three trys it kills the trucks computer system so the truck wont start untill the key for it is put in the ignition.

Old 02-26-2005, 01:20 AM
NDW13
Rookie

sorry to hear about your truck...that really sucks. i would think that a hemi quad would have a sentry key with it....its the gray key instead of the black. i work for a chrysler dealer in OK and ive never seen a sentry vehicle stolen without a key or an electronics expert.

Old 02-26-2005, 08:27 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

volkswagens are easier to get into. insert screwdriver into driver's door lock. turn. Alarm shuts off, doors unlock, and windows roll down. I can thank the person with my old digital camera and jacket for teaching me that one.

Old 02-26-2005, 02:40 PM
glock45
Professional

Speaking from first hand experience on this topic - some little @#%$%^@#%$ broke into my truck by using a screwdriver into the front door locks, once the screwdriver is in the lock they pry up and down on the handle until it seperates from the body a bit - then they can use needle nose to get behind the handle and pull the actuator rods in the door to open it. They also got into my steering column but where unable to get the truck started - due to the fact I have an electrical system cut off switch I installed. HA HA

But even though they did not steal my truck I was still left with $1400.00 worth of damage to fix, my part being a $1000.00 deductable.
The dealer had to remove the doors from the truck - fix the metal around the handles - repaint all four doors to match - replace the steering wheel column - replace the handles and rekey the locks.

I have since installed an alarm with interior motion sensors, door pins and whatnot.
I have installed the LoJack system onto it.
I have installed JimmiJammers in the doors.
I have put up motion sensor floodlights in my driveway with full coverage of the whole front yard.
I am planning on putting in a small video camera on my garage to cover the driveway area.

The sad part is this was all accomplished with a cheap readily available tool and even though the little @$#$ left a full set of fingerprints on the passanger side door - the police suspect it was kids and even if they had the prints on file they would not get into any serious trouble over it.

I feel for anyone who has been violated in this manner as it leaves you with a very sick feeling.

Do all you can to prevent this from happening to you!

Old 02-26-2005, 04:45 PM
demon340v
Rookie

so much new technogly and no1 mentions it why not using a kill switch? never failed me hell i have even 4got i had a kill switch and i sit there wondering why won't it start well duh! kill switch is on lol. i haeva free kill switch the relay will work from time to time and it's brand new! *sighs* need to take off that ballist resitor then i should be fine.

Quick Reply: Stolen Dodge Ram's (Easy Theft)