3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

05 ram flucuating rpm's

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 04:38 PM
kyle_ewing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 ram flucuating rpm's

I have a 2005 ram hemi 1/2 ton auto quad cab. the rpm's started going up and down when around town. they only jump about 800 to a grand or so but it causes the truck to lean back forth. it does it in first when taking off and is really jerky and when im going about 45 it seems like it keeps shifting from 4th to 5th and back and forth. i put it in the shop cuz its under an extended warranty. They flashed the pcm and it seemed to be fixed for about 20 miles and started doing it again. now its going on 3 weeks in the shop and they say they cant find the problem. now its like there trying to avoid my calls. Even being under warranty, they tried to charge me for the pcm flash which is $175 and $50 copay for my warranty. well since the flash didnt work, they didnt charge me. but now im going on week 3 without my truck. i talked to one of the guys up there and they said that the tech is really pissed because hes about 30 hours over on his flag hours. so i dont know if hes even putting effort into it now. i called a guy this morning and he siad that this week, the truck has only been in the shop 2 or 3 days. I dont know what to do about this. I am calling the srvice manager on monday to complain. Can you guys help me on how to handle this. Or can you direct me towards the problem. the tech told me hes been through the transmission, the throttle body and injectors, and was currently going through the wiring. I feel bad for the tech and i want my truck out of there as bad as he does. What should i do?? and any idea on what the problem might be or does anyone have any similar occurrences. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
Kyle

Quick Reply: 05 ram flucuating rpm's