3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4.7 performance upgrades??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 09:45 AM
TexasguyinCali
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.7 performance upgrades??

I am looking to add a little more muscle to my "Baby Girl". What do you suggest. Is the programmer a better bet then the chip? What air intake system works the best? K&N, AirRaid, etc???????? How much horsepower and torque will I get out of all these modifications? AND will any of this avoid my warranty I have split exhaust (flowpro) Please help this Texas Guy!!!! And does anybod in the LA are know of a place where they work on Doge Trucks? Thanks

2002 Dodge Ram 4.7 Lone Star Edition
No badges except for Lone Star Edition
Xenon Head and fog lamps
Flowpro Exhaust
Rhin Liner
Limo Tint all around and Double in the back window (havent been pulled over yet!!)
20's with 305/50/20
Alpine IVA-D900 DVD player in dash
All stock speakers replaced
2 10 inch subs in custom box under back seat
with a 2000 watt MTX amp pumping it all (nope I cant hear **** any more, but i can feel it )
Oh and a push button alarm system with two sirens combined that could wake up the dead.
[:@]

Old 02-16-2005, 04:20 AM
bigtex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4.7 performance upgrades??

I've got a 2004 quad cab I put an airaid intake and throttle body spacer both are very easy to install i also had a custom catback exhaust installed with a flowmaster 50 series deltaflow muffler. By custom if you look at your pipes just after the y its a 3" pipe then condenses to a 2.5" they cut it at 3" inch spot and ran a single 3" side swept all the way out the back. I havent had it dynoed but you feel the power increase and there is no delay when you get on it . I've also got about 4 more mpg. city and highway. If you do change your exhaust go 3" for single or 2.5" for dual that way you won't lose any power.

Quick Reply: 4.7 performance upgrades??