3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

PIAA 520's behind grill question

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 10:47 AM
throberts
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIAA 520's behind grill question

You guys who have lights behind your grill, I'm assuming everyone has just mounted them on the bar in front of the radiator. Does anyone know how to set them up so they turn on whenever you click for bright headlights to be on? Didn't know if this would totally mess with the computer or not. I'd prefer if they did, as we all know stock brights are horrible....but I'd rather not have to click two different switches to fully illuminate the night when needed. My local performance/off road shop said it would be too much of a hassle to run the lights like this....guess they don't need the money (or they just plain don't know how to do it). Thanks for the help.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:04 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

i'd imagine you could just set up a relay off of the brights. relays draw very little current, so i don't think they woul dmess with anything.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:14 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star

Just check with your local laws first (if you care about being street legal) since off road lights are not permitted to be run as headlights in most states. I would imagine that it would only take splicing the wire that would go to the on/off switch to the wire for the high beems.

Quick Reply: PIAA 520's behind grill question