3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What programmer should i get

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:21 PM
nickatnite
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What programmer should i get

i have a 02 ram 1500 QC 5.9L V8. i have an airaid CAI and dual exhaust..what programmer should i look at buying..i want to get the most improvement i can with what i got..i was looking at superchips. i just want everyones input on what direction i should look..

thanks

nick

Old 08-27-2008, 10:06 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Superchips 3815 without question, highest gains on the 5.9 Magnum of anything out there short of a custom tune...

Old 08-27-2008, 11:42 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

superchips 3815. and your tranny will shift sooooo much better too.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:07 AM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris

Hammer does superchips pay you to advertise? If not, they should.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:05 AM
talon6
Record Breaker

i have the same truck as you. i got the hypertech max energy. i am getting ready to get the 3815 and give it a try.i would have already had it but bills first. i have heard good reports about it for our trucks.

the hypertech is ok. i think it is a more mpg tuner.get about 2-3more mpg's. a small increase in hp.maybe 20hp.

superchips is claiming 46hp and 59 torque on the 3815.

Last edited by talon6; 08-28-2008 at 04:12 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:42 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Pyro
Hammer does superchips pay you to advertise? If not, they should.

Nope, I did get a shirt from them about 2 years ago, out of the blue though. I thought they were sending them out to people who registered the product. But they sent a letter thanking me, one of my neighbors bought one for his '06 4x2 Hemi and made a comment on their forum that he bought only because I uninstalled mine and let him try it for a few days.

They actually are not happy with me, you would think I love the product/company the way I push it, but I have issues with them. You should read some of my posts on their forum. They advertised about three years ago when I got mine A LOT of features would be added for free, including custom tunes. I actually emailed to verify that they would offer custom tunes before slapping down $400, at the time and to this day have the reply stating they were "about a month away". The company was bought by a much larger automotive performance company and changed policies resulting in a lot of the promised features NOT being added and scrapping custom tunes (a feature I knew I'd need for the cam swap that I've still not done, btw). So to go on and finish my truck as planned, it will be necessary to scrap the Superchips and purchase an SCT tuner for the custom tune I'm gonna need with the cam swap.

However, despite the issues I have with the company, there is NO disputing that they are offering the best "canned tunes" across the board for our trucks, especially the 5.9 Magnum, where they absolutely blow everyone else out of the water with almost 50 HP & 60 FT/LBS of Torque gains...

Old 08-28-2008, 06:20 AM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree, as far as canned tunes the Superchips is the best one available. Out of all the Superchips tuners, we have had NO returns ... but we have received several HYPERTECHs back on returns... so that alone tells me customers are not as happy with the HYPERTECHs as they are with the SUPERCHIPS and we sell a whole lot more of the SUPERCHIPS.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 08-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Heminator2
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am certainly not disappointed in my 3815 on our 05 Hemi. Better MPG and power out the wazoo. Firm shifts and get up and go. You can't go wrong with the 3815.

Quick Reply: What programmer should i get