3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No bus problem (gauges go dead)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 06:08 PM
tws
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No bus problem (gauges go dead)

Hey guys, I did a couple searches and did not find anything about this problem on the forum. I figured this would be the best place to ask for help. I have a 2004 Ram 1500. My problem is that the gauges go dead and "no bus" is shown on the odometer. My brake lights also go out and my turn signals go out as well. I did a few google searches and it seems like the problem is in a contact in the main fuse box by the battery. It seems like a common problem for Rams. If anyone could show me where the screw that makes this contact or how to fix the problem it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

I should mention that I took it to the dealership once before for the problem. They just took something (apparently the screw) and blew into the hole with an air compressor and got some moisture/dirt out of it and it fixed the problem for a few months. It's doing the problem every day now.

Last edited by tws; 09-07-2008 at 06:12 PM.

Quick Reply: No bus problem (gauges go dead)