3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Interesting Situation, help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:07 PM
518HXC1500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting Situation, help needed.

This explanation is long, bear with me. So last winter I made the mistake of leaving my wipers on after I shut off my truck. Get out of work so an excessive amount of snow on my windshield. Turned the truck on to warm it up, and the wipers were on. Needless to say, I broke the wiper motor. Now all the way up until now Ive neglected to do anything about it until earlier today. I took the wiper arms off, then the wiper cowl, and replaced the motor. In doing this I also decided to take a look at the relays, just out of curiosity. I accidentally forgot to disconnect the battery when I removed them, then replaced them thinking nothing of it. I go to start the truck after all is said and done, and it wont turn over. I try again, and it starts...but with the most ridiculously rough, loopy idle. The rpms were so low at points I thought it was going to stall completely (it might have at one point). Is it just a coincidence that this happened after I took the cowl and relays apart? Or related, because it ran fine just before I parked it to fix it. And if so, whats causing this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:22 AM
dazed01
Veteran

Not a mopar tech, just a mazda tech here. I wouldn't have disconnected the battery either. Probably just a coincedence, but if you want to reset the pcm disconnect the battery and let it sit for a bit have a smoke or something and hook it back up.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:27 AM
518HXC1500

That was one of the recommendations I got from someone else as well, and theoretically it should have worked. But last night after I posted that I did the key check on it, and it didn't read any codes. Yet the CEL turns on then blinks 10 times regardless. I'm absolutely baffled as to what it could be.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:20 PM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

my wipers dont work some times too. ill go to use them in the morning on the lowest speed and theyll move a quarter of an inch, so i have to crank them up to the highest speed to get em goin then slow them down. only happens sometimes though?

Old 09-13-2008, 07:51 PM
518HXC1500

My main problem now it the truck wont even turn over. And Im not getting any codes at all. Im getting really nervous because I need to be at college on Monday, and my situation just got worse. No codes, no start.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:40 AM
dazed01
Veteran

Originally Posted by 518HXC1500
My main problem now it the truck wont even turn over. And Im not getting any codes at all. Im getting really nervous because I need to be at college on Monday, and my situation just got worse. No codes, no start.
Is the battery dead? Is the starter getting 12volts to the switched terminal when you turn the key?

Quick Reply: Interesting Situation, help needed.