3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 12:30 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

"When the Nissan Titan was released, its power output and advertised capabilities were near to those of the Dodge Ram, and owners of Titans and Rams had out their differences on the street and on the track, with mixed results. However, sales of the Titan have not been doing well so for the next generation Titan, Nissan has taken on the approach of "it you cant beat'em, join'em".

That's right. The next Nissan Titan will be little more than a re-skinned and rebadged Dodge Ram. The deal, which was announced in August of 2008, stated that the new Titan will use the chassis and mechanical workings of the new Dodge Ram. Immediately, speculation turns to the question of whether or not the new Titan will be Hemi-powered and while Nissan sources have insisted that there has been no decision made thus far about the engine offerings, Chrysler representatives have commented that the Titan will pack the Hemi engine.

So, new Titan owners, you will finally have a real shot at keeping up with a Dodge Ram, but only because you'll be driving one. This comes with unfavorable opinions from many Dodge faithful, and many hope to see the Titan not carry the Hemi name whether it has the engine or not, but this will help Dodge in their tough times as all of the new Titans are slated to be made in Chrysler factories.

This also creates more interest in the old rumors that Nissan and Dodge might be working something out for the next generation Dodge Viper, as Dodge has announced that there are several persons interested in helping to keep the model in production. This is not Dodge's first workings with a Japanese based manufacturer, as many vehicles in the Chrysler family tree were Mitsubishi based.

Remember Dodge-faithful, while it is blasphemy to see a Hemi engine in a Nissan truck, keep in mind that this is the only way that Nissan can offer a good truck, and its helping to get the Dodge brand back on track and keeping employees working."

After reading the above article on the main page, I can't help but to wonder if Patrick, the author, drives a Dodge Ram. The "you can't beat em join em" Has little to do with the ram truely being a better built truck over the Titan, and much more to do with sales and cost. The article is very Dodge Fan Boy.

QUOTE: "while it is blasphemy to see a Hemi engine in a Nissan truck, keep in mind that this is the only way that Nissan can offer a good truck"

For starters, It's no more blasphemy to have this engine design in a nissan then it is in a modern Dodge. It's just a badge. This truck has little to do with The Dodge line, The Dodge brother's legacy, or the Dodge origin.

And secondly, This is not "the only way that nissan can offer a good truck". The Titan is a great truck. The fact is that the market for trucks is pretty much owned by GM, Ford, and Dodge. Nissan couldnt really get a full size truck to take off in this already saturated segment. However, I would argue the Titan being a much more solid investment then the Ram.

I own a Dodge and love my Dodge, but you can't credit this article as anything more then a Dodge Pride babble.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Toefur
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

booooooo

Old 09-14-2008, 02:03 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't wait till a Nissan section has to be added to Dodge Forum, or when Dodge sections pop up on Titan sites...

And finally, if I thought the Titan was a better truck, I would have bought one instead of a Dodge. We didn't get these trucks by accident, ya know...

Quick Reply: Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.