3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pre wired / After Market Fog Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 07:54 PM
nemesisprogram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre wired / After Market Fog Lights?

I checked under the hood and I am pre wired for fogs on my 1500 ST. I was planning on getting some fog lights for christmas, does anyone know what size after market fog lights will fit the ram? I dont really want to spend a fortune on the stock ones. If I go after market and hook them up will I need a switch to operate, or will they just go on with my lights? I have heard on here you can do both. I wouldent mind just having them work with my headlights. What do I have to do?

Thanks

Old 09-21-2008, 08:45 PM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker

Aftermarket ones will have to be fabbed up to fit in the holes. You could put them behind the grill and if you plug them into the prewired harness and buy the new switch they will work like factory ones.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:39 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ebay has/had the stock switch for sale for like $35.00,its suppose to plug right in place of your existing switch

Old 09-22-2008, 06:49 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Considering the fact "time is money" with the fab work etc that will go along with making aftermarkets work, id say your better off buying the factory lights. They install in less than an hour...plug n play.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=360090184431

Quick Reply: Pre wired / After Market Fog Lights?