3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

O2 Sensor and MAP Sensor Signal

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 04:32 AM
roland44
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 Sensor and MAP Sensor Signal

Hi, I was mounting a E85 conversion Kit to my 2004 Hemi-RAM. Now I need a Signal from one of the O2-Sensors for switching automatically between Gas and Ethanol. Is there a Wire located upside the Engine?

Second question: Which of the three Wires from the Map Sensor has the Signal?

Thank you and I´m sorry for my bad english...
Roland

Old 09-24-2008, 02:36 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Suggestion; DO NOT tap into the stock o2 sensor signal. It is extremely critical and temperamental. Been there, done that. Get a separate o2 sensor for your needs and then you can get the right one that you need, narrow or wide band and voltage output of the signal.

Note: You will need a frontal sensor, not a rearward one. You have 4 sensors, 2 front and 2 rear. You would need one of the front ones, but like said above, don't even go there.

If you insist on learning the hard way, the topside signal wire from one of the passenger side front o2 sensor is dark blue/ light blue and goes to pcm connector #C2 pin #31.

The map signal also does not like to be played with but not as much as the o2 sensors. I use a separate map sensor also. But like above, if you want to try it.....

The MAP signal wire is violet/brown and goes to pcm connector #C2 pin #23.

Now that being said.

These Dodge sensors o2 and MAP have a signal that goes from 0 to 5 volts. Make sure your Flux Capacitor is based on a 0-5v signal, not 0-1 volt like all the rest of the manufactures.

Good luck!

Last edited by kenihemi; 09-24-2008 at 02:41 PM.

Quick Reply: O2 Sensor and MAP Sensor Signal