3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tranny noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 06:34 PM
texas_rebel_1980
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny noise

so i took my truck to the dealer for a strange noise from the transmission. when i shift from park to reverse, it clicks, pops and grinds. i'm not on an incline and it is a automatic trans. they said they were unable to duplicate the problem, said they couldn't hear it over my exhaust and told me i need the valve body replaced in the trans? i sat in the truck with the trans technician and shifted it for him three times and it grinded loud all three times. i said what do you call that? he said normal operation, i said you gotta be ****ting me. he got pissed jumped out and slammed the door. i am going to the service manager tomorrow. and if they don't fix it, i will take it in every two weeks thereafter. and i will go to the owner of the dealership. any other ideas what i should do?

Old 09-29-2008, 12:18 AM
rango1500
Amateur

Originally Posted by texas_rebel_1980
i sat in the truck with the trans technician and shifted it for him three times and it grinded loud all three times. i said what do you call that? he said normal operation, i said you gotta be ****ting me. he got pissed jumped out and slammed the door.
hahaha i would go there everyday and bug the **** out of them. 2007 comes lifetime powertrain, right? if they wont fix it go to another certified Chrysler dealership and have them do the warranty work.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:02 PM
texas_rebel_1980
Professional

talked to the service manager today. told me it was normal for this transmission! they are replacing what they called the valve body in the transmission sometime this week when the part comes in. it constantly shifts going down the road into and out of overdrive. so after they fix it, they can plan on seeing me once a month. my factory warranty runs out in about 12K miles but i bought the added care plan for upto 100K miles. i am going to take it to a bigger dealer and see what they say.....

Old 09-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Redbud66
Professional

I would check, I know on my step mom's minivan she bought the extended warranty and it would not have covered her defective factory bumper for some bs reason.

Quick Reply: tranny noise