DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   Need a/c help in AZ (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/176050-need-a-c-help-in-az.html)

dile02 09-29-2008 01:54 PM

Need a/c help in AZ

I have the dreaded blend door problem. It is definitely not the recirc door that is easy to replace. It is the one that controls the movement of air between the floor, panels, and defrost. Though we have survived the summer as is, we will need defrost this winter. I am hopin that some of you have found a great place to get this fixed in the Phoenix metro (anywhere, we will drive) that will cost less than the 800-1000 that the dealer charges. Hopefully, they won't mess everything else up like the dealer also. Originally posted in wrong forum. We have a 2003 Ram 2500 with Cummins.

dile02 10-01-2008 11:35 AM

Bump:) Still need help:confused:

Chris1530 10-01-2008 07:24 PM

Yeah Id like help to.. With this AC problem

Which Door is it Left blend door, Right Blend door.. is a a recirculation door..

Ive got a pdf book so i am looking at doing it myself..

Because like ^ i dont want to spend 500+ at a dealer..

Mine is a 2006 QC 1500

Part numbers something to give a little help here..

Weres that dodge repair guy when you need him to help with some ?s

BCGray 10-01-2008 11:59 PM

This is a link to a DIY at another site it has a file to download that gives the how to for what you need *****NOT A SIMPLE FIX ******

Link http://www.*********.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193467

Chris1530 10-02-2008 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by BCGray (Post 1421018)
This is a link to a DIY at another site it has a file to download that gives the how to for what you need *****NOT A SIMPLE FIX ******

Link http://www.*********.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193467

Hey the Link dont work.... ? ?

BCGray 10-02-2008 03:44 AM

Guess someone feels threatened here about linking to another site:confused:
Shame that especially when your just trying to help a memeber.

Anyways just use the link but change the * to Dodge Talk but no spaces

Tried to attach the Word file but even at the site it is missing bits that make the pictures flicker, so it can not be downloaded here.

Its a good step by step DIY with photo's but as said before they flicker/Flash.

Hope that helps, and doesn't get me Banned:(

abarmby 10-02-2008 04:20 AM

I hope that it doesn't get you banned as well BCGray.
I guess you could always use the PM link to send him a message, but that doesn't get this really usefull info out to the many people who use this board and find stuff like this really helpful for possible future reference.
Al.

P.S. Good find.

Chris1530 10-02-2008 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by BCGray (Post 1421102)
Guess someone feels threatened here about linking to another site:confused:
Shame that especially when your just trying to help a memeber.

Anyways just use the link but change the * to Dodge Talk but no spaces

Tried to attach the Word file but even at the site it is missing bits that make the pictures flicker, so it can not be downloaded here.

Its a good step by step DIY with photo's but as said before they flicker/Flash.

Hope that helps, and doesn't get me Banned:(

Yea this would be a really ****ty forum, if you trying to help other members out
with info would get you banned..
Isnt that the point of a forum to share !

Well thank you

truckin151 10-02-2008 04:56 PM

Im doubting you will need it fixed anytime soon though, as its still in the hundreds during the day right now and probably wont cool off to much til november if that. As for a place to get it fixed, there is a really good hole in the wall a/c repair shop in Mesa, I'll have to get back to you on the name of it though as Im at work and need to look it up at home, but they have really cheap services. Generally they were about $300+ cheaper than every where else for all sorts of different a/c problems. You just have to get over the fact that the owner/head mechanic only has 4 yellow teeth, all the others are either black and falling out or not there at all, he quite litterally looks like he was kicked in the face by a mule or something cause he is one butt ugly old guy, but, he knows his stuff and gives excellent deals.

dile02 10-03-2008 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by truckin151 (Post 1421535)
Im doubting you will need it fixed anytime soon though, as its still in the hundreds during the day right now and probably wont cool off to much til november if that. As for a place to get it fixed, there is a really good hole in the wall a/c repair shop in Mesa, I'll have to get back to you on the name of it though as Im at work and need to look it up at home, but they have really cheap services. Generally they were about $300+ cheaper than every where else for all sorts of different a/c problems. You just have to get over the fact that the owner/head mechanic only has 4 yellow teeth, all the others are either black and falling out or not there at all, he quite litterally looks like he was kicked in the face by a mule or something cause he is one butt ugly old guy, but, he knows his stuff and gives excellent deals.

Though I live down here in the desert, we go north a lot and will need it sooner rather than later. I would appreciate the name of the shop, I don't care what they look like as long as the work is good. Also, thanks to BCGray for the link of the great write-up.