3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need a/c help in AZ

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 01:54 PM
dile02
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a/c help in AZ

I have the dreaded blend door problem. It is definitely not the recirc door that is easy to replace. It is the one that controls the movement of air between the floor, panels, and defrost. Though we have survived the summer as is, we will need defrost this winter. I am hopin that some of you have found a great place to get this fixed in the Phoenix metro (anywhere, we will drive) that will cost less than the 800-1000 that the dealer charges. Hopefully, they won't mess everything else up like the dealer also. Originally posted in wrong forum. We have a 2003 Ram 2500 with Cummins.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:35 AM
dile02

Bump Still need help

Old 10-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Chris1530
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah Id like help to.. With this AC problem

Which Door is it Left blend door, Right Blend door.. is a a recirculation door..

Ive got a pdf book so i am looking at doing it myself..

Because like ^ i dont want to spend 500+ at a dealer..

Mine is a 2006 QC 1500

Part numbers something to give a little help here..

Weres that dodge repair guy when you need him to help with some ?s

Old 10-01-2008, 11:59 PM
BCGray
Amateur

This is a link to a DIY at another site it has a file to download that gives the how to for what you need *****NOT A SIMPLE FIX ******

Link http://www.*********.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193467

Old 10-02-2008, 01:29 AM
Chris1530
Professional

Originally Posted by BCGray
This is a link to a DIY at another site it has a file to download that gives the how to for what you need *****NOT A SIMPLE FIX ******

Link http://www.*********.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193467
Hey the Link dont work.... ? ?

Old 10-02-2008, 03:44 AM
BCGray
Amateur

Guess someone feels threatened here about linking to another site
Shame that especially when your just trying to help a memeber.

Anyways just use the link but change the * to Dodge Talk but no spaces

Tried to attach the Word file but even at the site it is missing bits that make the pictures flicker, so it can not be downloaded here.

Its a good step by step DIY with photo's but as said before they flicker/Flash.

Hope that helps, and doesn't get me Banned

Old 10-02-2008, 04:20 AM
abarmby
Champion

I hope that it doesn't get you banned as well BCGray.
I guess you could always use the PM link to send him a message, but that doesn't get this really usefull info out to the many people who use this board and find stuff like this really helpful for possible future reference.
Al.

P.S. Good find.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Chris1530
Professional

Originally Posted by BCGray
Guess someone feels threatened here about linking to another site
Shame that especially when your just trying to help a memeber.

Anyways just use the link but change the * to Dodge Talk but no spaces

Tried to attach the Word file but even at the site it is missing bits that make the pictures flicker, so it can not be downloaded here.

Its a good step by step DIY with photo's but as said before they flicker/Flash.

Hope that helps, and doesn't get me Banned
Yea this would be a really ****ty forum, if you trying to help other members out
with info would get you banned..
Isnt that the point of a forum to share !

Well thank you

Old 10-02-2008, 04:56 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Im doubting you will need it fixed anytime soon though, as its still in the hundreds during the day right now and probably wont cool off to much til november if that. As for a place to get it fixed, there is a really good hole in the wall a/c repair shop in Mesa, I'll have to get back to you on the name of it though as Im at work and need to look it up at home, but they have really cheap services. Generally they were about $300+ cheaper than every where else for all sorts of different a/c problems. You just have to get over the fact that the owner/head mechanic only has 4 yellow teeth, all the others are either black and falling out or not there at all, he quite litterally looks like he was kicked in the face by a mule or something cause he is one butt ugly old guy, but, he knows his stuff and gives excellent deals.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:53 PM
dile02

Originally Posted by truckin151
Im doubting you will need it fixed anytime soon though, as its still in the hundreds during the day right now and probably wont cool off to much til november if that. As for a place to get it fixed, there is a really good hole in the wall a/c repair shop in Mesa, I'll have to get back to you on the name of it though as Im at work and need to look it up at home, but they have really cheap services. Generally they were about $300+ cheaper than every where else for all sorts of different a/c problems. You just have to get over the fact that the owner/head mechanic only has 4 yellow teeth, all the others are either black and falling out or not there at all, he quite litterally looks like he was kicked in the face by a mule or something cause he is one butt ugly old guy, but, he knows his stuff and gives excellent deals.

Though I live down here in the desert, we go north a lot and will need it sooner rather than later. I would appreciate the name of the shop, I don't care what they look like as long as the work is good. Also, thanks to BCGray for the link of the great write-up.