3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

shift issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Skullycapone
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shift issues

Ever since I did the superchip 3815 tune I am getting this real weird first shift, its almost like it hits the max rev and sticks there for a milla second before shifting. Sort of like when your in park and you rev it up and it sticks at 4000 and you get that muffled sound, so ill get that hitting the rev limit sound and then it will shift, not before like i think it should

Now it doesnt do this for thr second shift and I know the superchip makes a firmer shift but that first shift just doesnt seem right, ive tried all kinds of different rev limits for the first shift but it dont matter. Im not sure but when you set the rev limiter isnt it supposed to shiftr before your setting so it doesnt have that hitting rev limit affect, it seems to stick at the rev limit longer than it should

Any ideas

Last edited by Skullycapone; 10-03-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:31 PM
yugowego

I dont think its the chip at all...mine does this for the first drive of the day and I have no chip mods, there is another post on here relating to the same...I think its just one of those things...

Old 10-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Timmerduder
Veteran

I have the 3815 and don't have that issue. You didn't adjust the shift points did you?

Old 10-04-2008, 10:40 PM
eaglestorm
Professional

try puting it back to stock if it go's away you know where the problem is

Old 10-05-2008, 07:32 AM
Skullycapone
Rookie

Originally Posted by Timmerduder
I have the 3815 and don't have that issue. You didn't adjust the shift points did you?
I think I adjusted everything it allowed me to, speed limit max, rev limit, 1-2 wot 6050, 3-4 wot 5950, tires, was there something I shouldnt have done? When I adjusted the rev limits (i think it) it said something would be automatically adjusted, not sure what that meant, but I continued on and adjusted everything else anyways

Last edited by Skullycapone; 10-05-2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Skullycapone
Rookie

Originally Posted by eaglestorm
try puting it back to stock if it go's away you know where the problem is

Might have to, i know it didnt do that before the supership, it only hapens when im flooring it and it hits that rev limit

Quick Reply: shift issues