3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cargo Lamp, Remote Controlled

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 09:41 AM
systemdown
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cargo Lamp, Remote Controlled

I have installed remote start system with keyless entry on my 2003 5.7L Hemi. Instead of Dome light supervision I'm trying to do Cargo Lamp supervision. I've managed to make it work but it is inconsistent and usually it won't work. I have a resistor connected to the violet/white wire at the headlight switch (the wire is "Panel Lamps Dimmer Signal"). When I measured the resistance through the switch when cargo lamp activated, I had somewhere around 40ohms. So the resistor I put in was in that range. It seems that when Park lamps are on the cargo lamp won't come on with the remote, but will with the factory switch. This is a problem since park lamps come on everytime you unlock with keyless entry remote start. It still manages to work sometimes, but mostly it won't.
So, does anyone know if I have the correct resistance value and am I connected to the correct wire?
BTW, remote start system is Python 950. And the resistor is relay controlled.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:17 PM
systemdown
Default Ttt

Anyone?, or am I on my own on this?

Old 11-05-2008, 08:19 PM
uspatriot
Professional

call dodge

Quick Reply: Cargo Lamp, Remote Controlled