3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

check engine light problems.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 08:40 PM
paposse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check engine light problems.....

did anyone have this problem?i have a new 04' ram with a hemi.at 2400 miles the light came on.the dealer relaced the gas cap saying the fuel system wasn't sealing properlyso they replaced the gas cap..well then at 4000 miles the light came on again.the dealer then said an emission pump needed replacing.then at 6000 miles the light appeared again,to the dealer again.again the problem was the emisssion pump seals hadblown out and needed replacement.
the engine has suffered no lack of performance or gas mileage loss during this..
as for the service the dealer told me the part would be in shortly.well here it is 2 weeks and counting and still no part.you just gotta love the advertisements saying they have $300,000 of parts in stock.it's not like i have a 1954 chrysler !!!!!
i love the truck but this inconvience is uncalled for.i'am just waiting for the customer survey to come in the mail to voice my complaints to dodge.
so if there's anyone out there with the same problems i'd like to hear from you.

Quick Reply: check engine light problems.....