3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Basic subs+amp for a 06 ram 1500 basic cab

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 09:41 PM
DanTheDodgeDood
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basic subs+amp for a 06 ram 1500 basic cab

Hey I am a college student and don't have ton of cash to throw around, but would like to play with having subs with my basic system to make it sound better. Behind the seats is a *tub* from the factory where I can store stuff. I figure I could put some subs in there...

Is that even possible with the stock 06 ram basic factory headunit? I have never done car audio before... but could figure it out fairly easy.

Can anyone recommend a cheap basic amp + 2 10 inch sub setup I could use? That sounds decent and would work with the factory headunits? I am hoping to only have to spend around 200 max for it all. I would eventually upgrade the speakers in the 2 doors too... and maybe the headunit eventually.

Also can anyone reccomend a box that custom fits the basic cab?
Thanks

Old 10-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Ben D.
Champion

just take the tub out and you've got tons of room and i mean tons. honestly regular cabs have more room than the quads and megas do for audio.

honestly tho if the budget is 200 bux i'd say just take audio off the list for right now. nothing of quality when it comes down to a box, amp, and subs will be in the range of 200. maybe 600 at cheapest. doing a budget build is fine but 200 is going to get you equipment that is cheap, unreliable, and won't sound good at all.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:27 PM
DanTheDodgeDood

Originally Posted by Ben D.
just take the tub out and you've got tons of room and i mean tons. honestly regular cabs have more room than the quads and megas do for audio.

honestly tho if the budget is 200 bux i'd say just take audio off the list for right now. nothing of quality when it comes down to a box, amp, and subs will be in the range of 200. maybe 600 at cheapest. doing a budget build is fine but 200 is going to get you equipment that is cheap, unreliable, and won't sound good at all.
Hah ok I will tint my windows instead.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Ben D.
Champion

well ya know i had a dream and something popped into my head. we used to carry a thing we called the bazooka party pack. it was two ten inch subs a ported box and a 300 watt RMS amplifier cost anywhere from 150-200 bux. that with a line out for the factory deck and wiring would be just above your budget maybe 250. ill get you a model number and that would be my best recommendation. box will fit in the tub behind seat it's not that big. and the kicker is that it sounds good and they are fairly reliable.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Ben D.
Champion

hehe found it lol. bazooka still makes it we just stopped carrying it i guess o well.

here it is model number and price in the link to bazooka's site. if you want the audio that's my idea and best recommendation.

http://www.sasbazooka.com/products/m...nd-ELA1190-P53

Quick Reply: Basic subs+amp for a 06 ram 1500 basic cab