3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

interior led's

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 03:59 PM
shoedork
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior led's

anyone have any issues with led's when you replace your interior lights? I replaced the dome and the 2 map lights with leds and they only light when the door opens, the map lights won't light when you try and turn them on buy themselves but come one when you turn them all on. anyone??

Old 10-13-2008, 07:18 AM
h3391
Default Dome led lights not working

I have the same problem. Called and talked to PUTCO, told their technical dept., the lights did not work.
Followed their instructions on opening the glove box light circuit.
Some of the Folks here has addressed the problem and on other forums.
Some guys have had success, some have not. I have tried some of their suggestions but still they do not work with the push on/off function of the dome light. I also tried the inline resister without success.

Oh it must be a problem because PUTCO told me to keep the LED Light set instead of shipping them back. Refunded my money also. Interesting?

I have been waiting for a couple of the Technical LED guys to surface here and go one on one on a "How To" with them.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Chris@AutoLeatherInc
Official Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by h3391
I have the same problem. Called and talked to PUTCO, told their technical dept., the lights did not work.
Followed their instructions on opening the glove box light circuit.
Some of the Folks here has addressed the problem and on other forums.
Some guys have had success, some have not. I have tried some of their suggestions but still they do not work with the push on/off function of the dome light. I also tried the inline resister without success.

Oh it must be a problem because PUTCO told me to keep the LED Light set instead of shipping them back. Refunded my money also. Interesting?

I have been waiting for a couple of the Technical LED guys to surface here and go one on one on a "How To" with them.
There are guys over on another forum (PM me for details) who are absolute scholars when it comes to LEDs.

Quick Reply: interior led's