3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

screen behind grille

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:08 AM
uspatriot
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default screen behind grille

Has anyone put screen behind there grill so that bugs and stuff don't get stuck to your radiator?

Old 10-22-2008, 08:28 AM
draftingmonkey
Captain

I usually hang screen if front of the radiator and or A/C condenser. That way I can tie it off to the frame or various brackets. I personally use black window screen as it doesn't show up very well from outside. Have been doing this for 35 years and it has kept my radiators and A/C condensers bug free. I have never had any problems with air flow being effected and causing overheating. Use it on all my vehicles.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:08 PM
speedfreak68

I did the same thing and just tied the screen on wit zipties.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:19 PM
BCGray
Amateur

Getting a 18" x 48" Stainless Steel screen to custom cut and install, will fit from headlight to headlight and from top frame to bottom frame member. Its not only the D*@n Bugs its the stones that worry me the most. Love the flow across the Rads, but that great flow allows a lot of nasties through. With the SS Screen I can just wash the squashed dead critters off instead of trying to pick the Buggers out

Old 10-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Tizi
Professional

Not to hijack this thread, but before I came to this forum and learned about this topic, I did not or have not put anything in front of my radiator for bug protection. Now I have a ton of dead bugs on it. What is the best/quickest way to get them off?

Old 10-22-2008, 09:38 PM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker

A buddy of mine has had these screens custom cut and made to fit in front of the radiator. I just bought one and it just ties on.

Quick Reply: screen behind grille