3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got screwed by dealer on fog light install, suggestions.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:56 PM
tlarimer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Got screwed by dealer on fog light install, suggestions.....

I had fog lights installed on my 08 1500 Mega Cab SXT. I didn't know that there was 2 different kits and assumed the dealer would have put in the correct kit. So I get the truck back and there is a hole in the dash where they mounted the new foglight switch. Assumed that was normal. Well today I discovered that my truck is pre-wired for foglights. Do I have a right to have the dealer uninstall the incorrect foglight kit, install the correct foglight kit and replace the part on the dash that they drilled through? I mean this problem now comes down to there negligence and stupidity, as well as my not researching a little before I trusted the dealer to do the install. Thanks for any suggestions.
Tim

Old 10-25-2008, 12:25 AM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker

Sure you do! They are f-ed up and messed it up!

Old 10-25-2008, 01:06 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Yup...have them re-do it for free. Regardless of what BS they'll try to tell you they are the ones that pulled up the wrong part number and installed the wrong kit....unless you bought the kit elsewhere.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:47 AM
damien1023
Veteran

im just curious... how much did they charge you for install?

Old 10-25-2008, 03:53 PM
WhiteBerry
Veteran

shoulda got the kit on ebay, i did it myself in under an hour, in the street

but yea, they are idiots for doing that to you, anytime they need to drill a hole in your dash they should let you know first... incompitance runs rampant in the service industry!!!

Old 10-25-2008, 04:01 PM
eaglestorm
Professional

It's not the wrong kit . The kit come with a wiring harness for trucks that dont come pre wired. most do but the kit dosen't come with a new headlamp switch. That you need if you not installing the extra wiring harness. It also dosen't come with the harness that connects the fog lamps to the factory wiring. So you need the kit then a new head lamp switch. and the jumper harness. then you have to use a star scan to enable fog lamps in the tipm. With the extra parts the sys cost more but labor should be a little less because you dont have to install the extra harness.If your dealer is a stand up place they will correct the problem .

Last edited by eaglestorm; 10-26-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:17 PM
tlarimer

I bought the fog light kit through the dealer, it was done at the same time I bought the truck, the dealer told me the had to order the kit and would call me when it was in.
I don't remember what the install price was, somewhere around $150.
It is the wrong kit if my truck came prewired for fog lights, hence the reason why dodge makes two seperate kits, with two different P/N's.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:37 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by eaglestorm
It's not the wrong kit . The kit come with a wiring harness for trucks that dont come pre wired. most do but the kit dosen't come with a new headlamp switch. That you need if you not installing the extra wiring harness. It also dosen't come with the harness that connects the fog lamps to the factory wiring. So you need the kit then a new head lamp switch. and the jumper harness. then you have to use a star sacn to enable fog lamps in the tipm. With the extra parts the sys cost more but labor should be a little less because you dont have to install the extra harness.If your dealer is a stand up place they will correct the problem .
His truck is pre-wired, so yes it is the wrong kit...like you said yourself it doesn't have the Y harness or light switch.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:37 AM
JCW355
Amateur

My truck wasn't pre-wired, I put in the kit you are talking about.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:23 AM
bolang
Professional

raise 10 kinds of hell.they need to fix it.drilling holes in your dash hell i'll come and woop their ***

Quick Reply: Got screwed by dealer on fog light install, suggestions.....