3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I fixed it (rear door problems)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008 | 10:23 PM
SmokeySportRam
|
Captain
Exclamation I fixed it (rear door problems)

Last week monday night I had the truck in the shop to figure out why the LR door speaker cut in and out, I tracked the wire from the speaker back to the rubber connector/protector from the door to the B pillar.

I didnt have time to tear into it more because I though I would have to take off the "OH $h!t" handle for the rear passenger and the B pillar upper and lower trim pieces.
So I put the speaker back in and put the door panel back on and went home. All last week that door power lock would not work, so i searched the forums and came across a TSB for that problem

Well tonight I brought the truck back in the shop, took the door panel off, and installed the new parts from the TSB (it was a new sleeve and clip for the rod for the manual unlock to the actuator.

NO GO, didnt fix it.

SO.... I tryed the unlock button again, it was making the same sound it has since last week, I watched and listened while hitting the unlock and lock buttons on the remote, the speaker was moving when either was pressed, I knew then I had some shorted wires in the rubber connector. I pryed the harness plug out of the b-pillar (thank god I didnt have to go through taking the b-pillar trim off and go from the inside) and the grommet part of the rubber hose from the door, then i cut it like a snake up the middle, and saw 4 broken wires.

I little cutting and some lengths of wire and electrical tape fixed it right up.
I wrapped the hose back around the wires and resealed it with electrical tape all the way form harness to gromet, reinstalled the speaker, spash shield, and door panel.

Works good now.

Figured I would share cause I know other have had this problem, or are going to.

Any questions just ask, hope this helps someone else

Last edited by SmokeySportRam; 10-27-2008 at 10:26 PM.

Quick Reply: I fixed it (rear door problems)