3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No Power to ABS Module

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Tailbuster
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Power to ABS Module

OK, So here is my issue... 07 Ram 48,000 miles

Speedometer is not working, neither is the odometer, my overhead computer reads about 1 MPG. Remote start is not working and my auto door locks at 15 mph are out as well.
I took it to Dodge and spent $100 bucks for them to tell me that there is no power going to the ABS Module. No power at PIN 32 to be exact.
Of course extended warranty does not cover this. They wanted to spend a couple more hours on it at $87 bucks an hour to troubleshoot the electrical problem.
The tech told me it could be a bad wire in the steering column, or a problem with the TIPM Module. (about $700 bucks if its bad)
I am just a little frustrated that my extended warranty covers my starter and an alternator, but not a computer module.
Does anyone have any ideas on something I can do myself to get these systems back online, or if they have had similar issues?
I know that the ABS module controls the readouts to the speedo and odometer, so of course with those being out the MPG is off and being that the truck doesnt get to 15 mph the door locks wont engage, but why is the remote start not working?
I also noticed for the first time ever, my fuel gauge will go down on quick starts and stops, and then come back up to the correct level, it has never done this before.
Sorry for the long post, im just throwing myself on someones mercy to give me some ideas.

Thanks

Old 11-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Tailbuster
Rookie

bump...

Old 11-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It might be too simply, but check fuse number 30 in the panel under the hood. It looks like pin 32 is a pink wire with a green tracer. This is fused ignition switch/run circuit.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Tailbuster
Rookie

IT WORKED!!!!
All systems back online and functioning. I cannot thank you enough.

Now, anyone think i should go back to the service manager and speak with her?
Im down with paying $100 bucks for a diagnostics and having them find a blown fuse. Bad on my part, and would take that hit.
But paying $100 bucks for them to tell me there isnt any power to the module and wanting more money to investigate instead of them checking the fuses doesnt sit well with me.
You would think after plugging it up to the computer and reading no power they would have checked that first.
Ultimately if I would have agreed to the additonal investigation a blown fuse could have potentially cost me upwards of $300 bucks.
I think someone owes me an explanation, considering a nice poster and .49 cents fixed the problem.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Tailbuster
Rookie

***not sure why it posted twice**** deleted

Last edited by Tailbuster; 11-06-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:30 PM
RamLussier
Amateur

My fuse #30 is a spare one..?

Old 04-17-2013, 05:07 PM
forestryinns

I'm having the same problem. Except my fuse was ok. I'm stumped now.

Quick Reply: No Power to ABS Module