3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mega Cab 5th wheel

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 11:00 AM
bbd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mega Cab 5th wheel

Hi all,

I have a 2006 Mega Cab 2500 that I want to outfit with a 5th wheel to pull an RV. Has anyone run into trouble with the short bed on these Mega Cabs? I've heard some guys say you definitely need a power slider 5th and other guys with manual sliders say they never have to use it. What experiences have you had?

Thanks!

Old 11-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Cup Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion, I would get the slider just for the insurance. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I had an '05 QC diesel that I pulled a 5th wheel with and I didn't have a slider, but I had to be careful backing into a tight spot, because it was possible for the camper to come in contact with the cab, and came close a couple of times. I just had to be consious of it when backing or tight turning. And I would say the chances of the two coming together would be even greater with a Mega Cab. If you haven't already, you might go to the forum on Good Sam Club.com. Those folks are really helpful and knowledgeable about any rving issues. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Mega Cab 5th wheel