3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What makes you a proud truck owner.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 10:20 PM
irelandshemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

being able to throw 4 deer in the back opening day and being able to showing them off without having to use a trailer, and of course the power

Old 11-18-2008, 10:59 PM
johnmichael

The awesome gas mileage!

...oh wait...can I go again?

Old 11-18-2008, 11:19 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Well, I've never really put my truck to any sort of test, but when I think of it:
I like the functionality of my truck. When you know that someone wants to go to the movies, then someone else calls them and wants to do something. Well, I got four-doors so hop on in. Then you just go out driving after the movie, and some of your friends give you a call. They're out on the muddy mile, and want you to join them. When you get there, guess what... they're stuck. Back up to them and pull them out. Later on you drive down town after cleaning it up, and the ladies look at you and give your truck that little look.
As compared to:
Your buddy calls you up asking you to do something. He pulls up in his little Rustang. Yea, it has a nice tone to it, and looks pretty sharp. A couple more friends call, but you only can fit so many people comfortably in that little cab of the car. Afterwards when some other friends call, he has to pass going mudding, because his car can't make it. Down the streets girls will look, but it won't have the same effect as the truck.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:25 PM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker

What makes me proud is when I see people almost breaking their neck to check it out. That makes me smile.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:32 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Yea...what Jay said!

Old 11-18-2008, 11:49 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, what semigod said.....lol

Everytime I go by a construction site or where there's a few guys doing something together, they always look because the rumble of the magnaflow is the cream of the pants. I mean of the crop....lol

Old 11-19-2008, 12:16 AM
Hemipwr07
Veteran

"Oh also theres this song by a country singer, i think its pick up man or something like that."

joe diffle..pickup man pretty much sums it up lol. i love bein able to look down at small "racecars" and still beat em off the line. also the sound and usefullness..again a guy thing. im alwayssss gonna own a truck

Old 11-19-2008, 12:38 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by Hemipwr07
im alwayssss gonna own a truck
+1

and

maaaaaaagggnaaafffllllooowww

was just tellin the girl today, she better get used to powerful v8s and not so stock exhausts, cuz after having a hemi ram i'm always going to have a 300+hp something or other with a magnaflow on it.

she was pissed cuz i just got the truck back from the shop and i was more excited to have it back than i am to see her...thats cuz the hemi screams only when i want it to

Last edited by xfeejayx; 11-19-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:09 AM
DeanoBobino

Hmm, well the main reason I bought the truck was because I have a baby on the way and didn't feel safe with my prego wife riding around in that little plastic box, especially the way I drove it. Not to mention, I wanted a V8 that could do burnouts . Now, I have safety, V8 power, and RWD. It just needs some long tube headers, x-pip, 3 in. piping, high flow cats, a couple o' big ol' cherry bomb glass packs or extremes, and a couple chrome angle cut exhaust tips angled to the sides.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:09 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my truck just for the reason that all of my freinds that drive tuner cars have to call me to come tow their broke down imports to the shop to have them worked on. It is alwys highlight of the mechanic's day when he says an american made truck come rumbling down the road towing a little honda behind it (with ease). ITS GREAT!

Quick Reply: What makes you a proud truck owner.