3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Warranty and ball joint replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:40 AM
pinoydodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty and ball joint replacement.

My 05 1500 2wd is leaking a small amount of coolant after sitting overnight. The leak seems to come out from the upper part of the front engine. My truck has 64K miles on it and I was wondering if this falls under the 7/70K powertrain warranty?

Problem # 2, upper ball joint driver side is going bad. How hard is this to replace DIY? I know will need alignment after replacing.

Any input is appreciated.!!!

Old 11-19-2008, 11:28 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Waterpump may be going bad. If it starts to leak out the weep hole, than it's going bad.

Upper balljoint is going to be a PIA. It hass all the pressure from the springs. I would say just ket them do it while the fix your coolant issue Prob be like $2-250 with alignment since alignments are outrageously expensive compared to a few years ago. They get like $75 for just the front axle(all you need since you have a solid rear axle

Quick Reply: Warranty and ball joint replacement.