3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Vararam Hemi under glass?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 07:31 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OlDirtyJohn
Just talk to Rev Hammer on Hammer Automotive Forums. They arent quite done yet, but he is thinking some time around or after X-Mas.
Hes a real stand up guy if you ask me. I asked him a question on those forums, and he gave me a call on my cell, we chit chatted for a while, and he gave me his personal # in case I had anymore questions. He truly is all about the customer. So Im going to be buying from him not only because of his awesome product but because of his outstanding customer service.
One of the things that you have to say
GOOD about Hammer
and his air intake design is that he does seem committed
to doing & sharing much better than average tests himself,
and
submitting his design to independent testings:

http://tinyurl.com/2spygu

note the measurement of inches of water restriction... something everyone considering filters should routinely do... like professionals routinely do

So,
I am willing to say good things when they are justified

Do I have any reservations about the Hammer intake?

Well, like any air filter test
it would be better to do the hp test
when the filter is halfway through its life,
so that you see the plugging effect of dirt.

None of us put a new filter on every day.
Half the time we are running with a filter that is more than halfway plugged up.

A great filter design not only has little restriction when brand new,
but resists plugging up during its service life

Old 11-24-2008, 07:56 AM
RubberFrog
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HankhilL.... you are a fools fool. WTF would you know about an intake, besides what you read somewhere? Go bench race some more.... Or better yet, go act the clown on a honda forum where a bunch of 16 year olds may actually fall for your BS.

The vararam is a PROVEN track intake (along with the ramhammer). As a matter of fact, it is the ONLY intake that pulls air from outside of the engine bay.

HankhilL has been jaded ever since he tested that ***** enlarger and it didn't work.....

Last edited by RubberFrog; 11-24-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:44 PM
HotRodRam2003
Thumbs down What the hell, and who does Hank think he is?

Originally Posted by dirtydog
+1
This has got to be the 4th post or so in the past few days you have dug into someone about a product. You need to focus on the product itself and not share your feelings so much. If you think the prduct isn't worth the time or money, then that's what you say. You don't say people are morons who buy them just because you don't like the product. Just like the Power wire.
If you don't have anything to say besides criticism towards other members, then get lost! Nobody wants that crap here.
After owning my ride sense new I was thinking of doing one more upgrade, was curious about the Vararam Hemi air intake. Just browsing the forum for information and I read all the negativity from this guy "Hank". I'm not going to call him names but what kind of person are YOU that says things like you do and you don't even have a vehicle posted? Just like people that wanted to give up on the Detroit automakers and those idiots didn't owns a car or truck but rode a bicycle? I am happy with my current S&B air intake, did you get test result on that system Hank? But I think I will order the Varam system just to spite you Hank. Oh and Hank, did you notice "dirtydog" had a handicap label on his license plate, nice attacking a guy like that, your and I know what your are, and so does others... a bully!

Old 01-28-2012, 03:57 PM
HotRodRam2003

For some reason my ride didn't show up...
check out my garage!

Old 01-28-2012, 04:11 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Nothing like pulling up a 4yr old thread lol

Old 01-28-2012, 06:16 PM
SLT8
Record Breaker

Yeah Hank has not logged on since 08 and the license plate picture is RubberFrog's.

Last edited by SLT8; 01-28-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:48 AM
HotRodRam2003
Default And your point is??

Originally Posted by truckin151
Nothing like pulling up a 4yr old thread lol
First off I'm sort of a "lone wolf", like doing stuff myself, research and install. I'm 55 and have been working on cars, trucks, and Harley's since I was 16... I got a recommendation from Summit Racing for the Vararam air intake, notice StylinTrucks used to have this in their catalog, thought this air intake was no longer available. I seach for information via google and was directred to the dodge forum posts. So is there a certain time period to posting? I didn't know there were guidelines that should be followed??

Just saw may rude and negative posts from this Hank fellow...
He doesn't have anything in his garage, no contact information, so why does he thinks he's a Ram Guy? I working in the printing industry, most with advertising and marketing companies, so I deal with morans and idiots everyday... Hank reminds me of one of my "best" customers!

Oh, Rubberduck did the cam make a difference to your 5.7?
I love the power of my '03 5.7, but heck we can always us more, right?

HotRodRam2003

Old 01-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

General rule of thumb that works for pretty much ANY internet forum message board, is if a thread is older than several months, there's probably a reason that it has fallen so far without any further replies. Leave it be. However, if you feel you must revive it, do so for the right reasons, like asking for clarification on a comment someone made pertaining to the specific item/part/whatever that the thread was originally intended for. Do not drag a thread back from the depths (which this one most certainly had to be searched for) just to flame someone... and if you ARE going to flame someone in a thread, at least make sure that the last post wasn't made before today's kindergartners were even born.

Quick Reply: Vararam Hemi under glass?