3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

truck leaning to the left

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008 | 11:03 AM
pipeline68
|
Default truck leaning to the left

i bought a used 2004 QC 4x4 about a month ago. during some routing maintance and tinkering a noticed the truck leans to the left. so i jacked it up from the rear diff and noticed how the right rear came off the floor first. so i started measuring some spots on the truck. the floor in my garage is pretty level, not perfect but good. i came to measure that the bumper and wheel wheels are about 3/4 of an inch different in height. any comments or advice would be apreciated. also one other question im looking to have more of a street truck look so instead of lifting the front i would like to use a set of 2" drop shackles.my qestion is will change the suspension at all.

Old 12-01-2008 | 11:56 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User

Maybe the previous owner had a Hippo for a wife?..lol sorry, but I have taken cars on trade b4 and that's what the problem was, ofcourse it was usually the driverside that was lower.
Or, maybe the truck was always parked on a hill where most of the weight was leaning towards the passenger side? 3/4" isn't hardly noticeable in trucks.
When you use shackles, you aren't changin the leaf spring rate, but the coil springs do get crushed unless thy are removed. I'm not 100% on the springs if you replace them or not, but as far as the leaf springs, your load capacity remains the same, however, the springs are what keeps the vehicle road worthy when hauling heavy things.

Old 12-01-2008 | 01:48 PM
pipeline68
|

nah the dudes wife was accually pretty nice..good figure..lol
i just an not sure if i want to crank the torsion bar a little without getting some advice

Old 12-01-2008 | 05:05 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User

I think by adjusting those it alters your alignment. Any change in suspension height alters alignment with IFS

Old 12-01-2008 | 06:28 PM
pipeline68
|

i wouldnt mie having an alignment done if cranking the t-bar will cure the problem
i have a buddy that works for cadilac he will do it for me

Quick Reply: truck leaning to the left