3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

does h7 projector exists for 08 ram 1500?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 04:31 PM
wshtb
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does h7 projector exists for 08 ram 1500?

I have a pair of H7-sized HID kit from my last car. Would love to reuse it on the Ram. Problem is I want to do a proper retrofit with the right projector. There are plenty of projects on ebay but not a single one of them lists the bulb size. All they will say is "plug and play"...

I managed to get one reply from AnzoUSA.com. Unfortunately their projector kit uses H3 bulbs for low beam, which is significantly shorter than H7.

So my question is do you know any projector kit for 08 Ram that uses H7 bulb for low beam? (or even D2S for that matter since the distance between light source and base are only 2mm off for D2S and H7).

Thanks!

Old 12-12-2008, 05:31 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

the o6+ dodge rams use h13 bulbs in the hid kits. i doubt youll find the h7 projector headlight already retrofitted for a ram. you can find audi a4 projectors which use h7 bulbs and try and retrofit yourself.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:49 PM
wshtb
Amateur

Originally Posted by nickahern1
the o6+ dodge rams use h13 bulbs in the hid kits. i doubt youll find the h7 projector headlight already retrofitted for a ram. you can find audi a4 projectors which use h7 bulbs and try and retrofit yourself.
I guess that's what I'll have to do. Time to hunt for a used pair of 07/08 lamp assembly.

One question for the legal junkies: if I convert my low/high headlight to low-beam only, and install a separate set of high beam on the grill, am I going to run into troubles with California inspection?

Old 12-12-2008, 11:02 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

haha cali seems to be communist with there damn DOT standards, youll probably have trouble with that. for the amount of time and money youll probably spend retrofitting your stock housings you mine as well get the aftermarket h13 projectors headlights along with a h13 bulbs and use your ballasts. then sell your h7 bulbs on an audi forum as they use the h7 bulbs. a set of aftermarket headlighst with a projector lens would probably run you $300 then $100 or less for h13 hid bulbs and then wire them with the ballasts you already have and your good to go.
MA is adopting alot of calis dumbass legalities. They are talking about starting to have DB (sound) meters when doing your inspection. i am going to see what i can do about getting ins sticker next year.

Quick Reply: does h7 projector exists for 08 ram 1500?