3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flo-pro max??

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 10:21 PM
osufans
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flo-pro max??

Anyone ever hear of these mufflers, Flo-Pro Max? Their website is setup towards marketing their product, but I can't find any warranty info. For the price you can't beat it, if they hold up. You can get their M11289 3"in/3"out 5x8x18 muffler for about $50 on ebay. They claim to be the same as a magnaflow from what I've seen on their site - http://www.flopro.com/MAX08JUN17.pdf

Just thought I'd ask before I waste my money.

Thanks!

Old 12-12-2008, 11:24 PM
4x4HemiFreak
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i have them on my truck it came with my 04 qc 4x4 when i bought it used i have true duals and they sound actually pretty good not too much noise in the cab unless you want there to be if you really get on the gas.. Pretty good rumble to them for the price..

Old 12-12-2008, 11:35 PM
osufans
Veteran

Yeah, I don't want the drone that flowcrappers have. A buddy of mine has a nearly identical truck with flows on it, and it is annoying to ride in.

I want something that will give me some mild power improvement, with a nice low mellow rumble. I'm looking at this, putting in a new Y adapter, and a nice tip, all on the factory piping. Should give a good improvement without nearly the cost of an aftermarket system.

Thanks for the reply!

Old 12-13-2008, 08:01 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They say they are made of stainless so if they are they should hold up. Only thing id think about is "the shorter the muffler the less sound supression there is". I bought a magnaflow off ebay for 100 bucks shipped. It was 3in dual 2.5 out and was the same overall length as my stock muffler. Muffler shop bent and installed the exiting pipes for 250 bucks. Overall i paid 350.00 for my exhaust setup and im happy as a clam with it.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:16 PM
osufans
Veteran

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, being ss they should be ok. I'm looking at either the 18" or 24", so I think either one of those would work. Obviously the bigger one would be better, but I don't recall if I saw one available from Flo Pro.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Flo-pro max??