3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New turnover ball or 5er hitch???

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 09:18 AM
CUMMINZ
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New turnover ball or 5er hitch???

I am getting close to purchasing 2003 24 foot 5th wheel camper. I like the turnover ball concept but I have a couple of questions. The 5th wheel hitches have large bearing surface vs. turnover ball hitch having only ball surface.. Is this a problem with long term wear? I also noticed an adapter you can purchase that bolts to bottom of trailer hitch that converts to truck bed ball on turnover. Do you get good service with this type of hookup and towing capabilities with this setup? I would like to one day purchase a gooseneck utility trailer to use with the turnover type hitch...

CUMMINZ
North Carolina
2004.5 CTD, Tornado, TST PowerMaxCR, 4x4, 4.10LS, 315x70Rx17 BFG, 8" Factory cast aluminum, 2" front lift/w Rough Country shocks, Line-X, Banks monster exhaust

My truck at http://www.GoRowan.com/2004ram

Old 02-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Po_Boys_Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New turnover ball or 5er hitch???

Hey Cumminz, I have a 5th wheel hitch for sale. And I am comin to Yadkinville in March! lemme know if you are interested! I can send you some pics of it. Nice truck BTW

Thanks
Wayne

wayneg@midatlanticbb.com

Quick Reply: New turnover ball or 5er hitch???