3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dick Cepek FCII tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 08:10 PM
dodge it then ram it
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dick Cepek FCII tires

Anybody ever use the Dick Cepek FCII tires? I have a set of 37"s I bought. Just wondering about the ride and grip and all.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dodge it then ram it
Anybody ever use the Dick Cepek FCII tires? I have a set of 37"s I bought. Just wondering about the ride and grip and all.
I had a set of them in 33's on my old second gen ram. They had good traction in the rain and were good in the snow too. I really liked them a lot and they wore well too. You should get a lot of miles out of them if yours wear like mine did. Oh, and they have a good looking tread pattern too. Agressive enough for most situations but not overly loud on the highway.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:13 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Best tire made for a daily driver who wants it to hunt/fish/off-road on the weekends, IMO. One of the few tires that are a true hybrid between an A/T & M/T. The center treads are an A/T type while the side blocks and side biters are straight from an aggressive M/T design. I've got 19k on mine and there is almost NO noticeable signs of wear.
I travel from my parents in central Fl. to my farm in central Ga. sometimes multiple times a month. 360 miles each way, mostly interstate, then it's hard work and harder play when I get there. I've always had true M/T's, but now I'd wear 'em down in a year with that kinda interstate travel. These handle & hold up great on pavement and go where everyone with M/T's go when I get to Ga. About the only tires they won't stay with in the thick goo might be Baja Claws or Boggers.
A tip: keep them aired up at least 80% of capacity for pavement, it keeps the center A/T tread in contact and saves the aggressive side lugs. Air 'em down a bit for play in the mud and the aggressive blocks and side biters take over...

Old 12-17-2008, 10:48 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

I looked at them, but from the sizes I noticed, I'm not going to get some. I want a set for 20" rims, either a size 35 or 33, and no wider than 12.5, but they don't have anything in that size, at least that I noticed. I love the looks of them, but want a certain size.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:56 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ried69
I looked at them, but from the sizes I noticed, I'm not going to get some. I want a set for 20" rims, either a size 35 or 33, and no wider than 12.5, but they don't have anything in that size, at least that I noticed. I love the looks of them, but want a certain size.
Personally, I'd NEVER have 33" or 35" tires on a 20" wheel. Not nearly enough flex or floatation for any real off-road performance. But, they are in fact made in BOTH 33x12.5x20 and 35x12.5x20 sizes...

http://www.dickcepek.com/FC_Radial.html

Old 12-17-2008, 11:04 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Wtf? I didn't see those there. For me, those will be fine. I want to do some sort of lift on my truck, but it won't be when I get the tires, it'll be later. But, I think that I'll just make another thread for my question.

Quick Reply: Dick Cepek FCII tires