3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

what to expect to pay?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 08:57 PM
ramhunter9
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to expect to pay?

what is the going rate for an 4" suspension lift installed on a ifs front end 4x4 dodge?
i have only two shops around hear and one wants 4k and the other i have to call in the morning. i thaught that might have been a bit high because the lift at most stores was only 1300. is labor that much on this stuff? is this something a guy could do at home im prety mechanical just dont have the special tools. what is the average rate for labor you all could recomend i just dont want to get ripped off . if you all could tell me what you have seen out there for labor cost i could use that knowledge thanks

Old 12-21-2008, 09:03 PM
CreativeOffroad
Captain

4k is WAY over-priced for a 4" suspension lift. You'll be able to find a lot of different lifts for a lot less, (including labor).

Old 12-21-2008, 09:22 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

no the lift was cheap it was like 1300 the rest was labor . my question is what should labor be for this aproximitly? it would come out to be 2,700 for labor!!!!! im not paying that . do most of you do this yourself?

Old 12-21-2008, 09:25 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you would be suprised at what private places charge for install. the going rate in my area,ct, is 85 an hour. some places may take 10 hours to do the install, they may even break it up into 2 days depending on what they need to do. most installs are not cut and dry. some need to have parts cut off, others need parts welded on. i think the 4000.00 is kinda high, unless the person is including the price of the kit.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:43 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I did mine myself with help from a buddy who works at his step dads tire shop, so we had the luxury of a lift and every tool we would need. Even though I'd done body lifts before it was my first try at a suspension lift, but he'd done one. It was on a SFA truck but between us, it got done fairly easily. But I did get a quote from 4 Wheel Parts just to see what I saved. They wanted ballpark $900 for the install, including alignment and guys on the forums I was on at this time (hadn't found this one yet) told me that was about $200 high, so your quote is just some a$$holes out to rob you!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 12:37 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

went to the shop in town and they gave me a 2100$ price with the lift included. this was a very reputable company that specializes in suspension things. and have been in buisness for at least 40yrs. i am pretty sure it was a fabtech lift. cannt remember for sure though what brand. so i am thinking the price quoted to you is very high.

Quick Reply: what to expect to pay?