3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dragtimes.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 01:18 PM
akschult
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dragtimes.com

Today I was looking through some of the time slips and noticed that many of the stock trucks were running better times than those with modifications (e.g. Air intake, exhaust, computer). These trucks appeared to be similar in configuration, or at least weight. What is up with this? Do mods help this engine or hurt it. I've read conflicting resopnses to posts, and just seeing what you guys thinks. Also, does anyone have time slips before and after certain mods to back up the performance increase? Just though this was interesting, and wondered what you guys think of it?

Old 02-15-2005, 01:24 PM
GMsucks
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dragtimes.com

The best mod you can do for a stock type truck is learn how to drive and learn how to hit the tree.
CAI, exhaust, K&N...... blah, blah, blah won't do anything for your time if you fall asleep staring at the tree.
You can get beat by a bone stock Pinto if the nerd knows how to drive!

Old 02-15-2005, 02:56 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: dragtimes.com

I've read a bit about that too. The Hemi doesn't seem to respond like we would think when compared to other trucks. We can thank DC for the wonderful computer PCm we have on the Hemi.

Quick Reply: dragtimes.com